Star Mountain’s proprietary Collaborative Ecosystem® differentiates its platform. Star Mountain participates in the lower middle-market through its three-channel approach of:
- Making direct credit-focused investments in mainly U.S. lower middle-market businesses
- Investing as a strategic limited partner in niche credit-oriented fund managers focused primarily on U.S. lower middle-market businesses, often with preferred economics so Star Mountain investors do not pay traditional fund-of-fund layered management fees and receive additional protective rights
- Purchasing limited partnership interests from other investors, in smaller private funds generally focused on U.S. lower middle-market businesses, including SBIC funds
Star Mountain Capital, founded in 2010 by Brett Hickey, believes that the three-channel approach provides it with competitive advantages in knowledge and relationships to assist with sourcing, underwriting and managing investments.
Star Mountain also benefits from:
- A national origination platform with local investment professional presence in 20 U.S. cities to directly source deals
- Specialized industry expertise across most verticals
- Network of over 25 strategically aligned Senior Advisors and Operating Partners who provide expertise with regard to specific investments/industries and with regard to best practices in operations, technology, human capital management, and other topics
- Ongoing operational support and relationships to assist business owners and fund managers with strategic initiatives, capital raising, risk management and other major business decisions
Please click here to contact us and to learn more about Star Mountain.