IT Support Interns
Investing in the Growth Engine of America
Star Mountain Capital, which was was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Crain’s in 2017, is seeking driven, highly energetic IT Support Interns to join a fast growing, entrepreneurial firm.
Star Mountain Capital is a specialized asset management firm focused on investing in the large and underserved U.S. lower middle-market of companies with typically under $15 million of EBITDA. Star Mountain’s differentiated business model includes a custom-built media and technology platform bringing proven, large market resources to smaller businesses as a value-added lender and investment partner.
Star Mountain prides itself on its seasoned team and flat-structured organization with substantial opportunity for career development in a driven, but fun and collaborative culture. This is an opportunity to work directly with and learn from senior management, business owners and other leading private fund managers.
- On-site desktop support, system installation, software installation, hardware tracking, record keeping
- Place or move digital equipment, assist in laying network cables
- Software updates, troubleshoot network connectivity, file organization, networked copier support, and server administration
- Troubleshoot network issues, printers, laptops and desktops in a Windows 10 / Office 365 environment
- Present designs of proposed functionality improvements to the team
- Currently going to school in NYC
- Able to work 20 hours per week during the spring 2018 semester and full-time during the summer
- High academic performance in core coursework
- Must be able to work independently, keep assigned tasks on track, and prepare scheduled project progress reports
- Must be comfortable working alone, take instructions over the phone, text, or email
- Must be physically fit to climb stairs or lift items over 40 pounds
- Must have great attitude, excellent communication and people skills, integrity and high work ethic
- Positive culture and attitude along with top quality execution required
To learn more about our background and culture please click on one of the following links:
- INDVSTRVS Magazine Feature Profile on Brett Hickey, “Building Cultural Capital”
- eFinancialCareers article on Star Mountain
- eFinancialCareers article on Star Mountain Founder & CEO, Brett Hickey
To Apply: please submit targeted cover letter and resume to: John Polis and put “IT Support Intern” in subject line.
*** Please note that resumes without a targeted cover letter will not be considered.
Start Date: Immediate